Tuesday, November 15, 2011

H&M Dress

I am definitely one of those people that feels happier when purchasing an item on sale even if I am already shopping on a relatively inexpensive store.  Whether H&M or Prada, I gravitate to the SALE rack like a moth to a flame.  Lucky for my pocketbook it was H&M this time.  I was very drawn to the pretty pattern of the skirt part of this dress as well as the overall fall look and it's sale price of $14.95 (originally 24.95).  I couldn't decide which color I like better so I tried on both, and it fit so well that I decided to get both!  They will be perfect for fall layering with a scarf or vest or sweater, with tights and ballerina flats or boots.  It's a great price, so I guess style wise it wasn't everyone's cup of tea--but it was a perfect fit for mine.  Added bonus I think it could be worn to work or out on the weekend.
I thought it was extremely flattering for my pear shape (perhaps a little help from dressing room mirror), and for a size small, I believe it runs large.  I typically wear 2-4 on top and 4-6 on bottom in other brands (H&M I am typically 4-6/S top and 6-8/M bottoms), and have a defined waist. I found the medium to be awkwardly baggy and ill-fitting in the top and waist.
Bottom is 100% Rayon, top is 95% cotton 5% spandex. Machine washable, which gets a gold star in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment